Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are the watches sold by Watch District authentic?
Yes! We guarantee that all of our watches are 100% authentic.
What if the watch I am looking for is not on the website?
If you're searching for a specific model that's not listed on our website, please don't hesitate to contact us.
To assist you more effectively, kindly provide the brand name, model number, and a reference picture of the watch you're seeking.
Can I view a watch in person before purchasing it?
Certainly! You're welcome to visit our physical store and examine the watch before making a decision. Find us at:
- Watch District Singapore
- 14 Scotts Rd
- #03-111 Far East Plaza
- Singapore 228213
We encourage you to arrange your appointment in advance to minimise your waiting time, as we may have a queue. Please note that all our watches are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend contacting us at least an hour prior to your visit so we can ensure your preferred watch is still available.
Do I need to place a deposit to reserve a watch?
Yes, a deposit is required for your reservation to be processed.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept various payment methods for your convenience:
- Credit Card: We accept all major Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMex, & UnionPay). Please note there is an additional charge of 2.7% for both locally and internationally-issued cards.
- Cash: We accept direct cash payments in Singapore Dollars only.
- Bank Transfer: We accept local bank transfers only. We recommend adjusting your bank’s transfer limit in advance. Note that sending money through a third party is not permitted.
- PayNow: We also accept payments via PayNow for a seamless and secure transaction.
Do you offer instalment financing?
Yes, we provide instalment financing options for your convenience. You can opt for zero-interest credit card instalment plans, ranging from six (6) to a maximum of twelve (12) months with major banks such as DBS Bank and POSB Bank.
What if my watch has an issue? What are your warranty terms?
We offer a one (1) year in-house movement warranty, aside from the official manufacturer’s warranty. If your watch encounters a mechanical problem, please contact us immediately through Telegram, WhatsApp, Instagram, Carousell, or the Contact Us form, and we will conduct a thorough examination to identify and rectify the issue. Please note that scratches or cosmetic damages are not covered by our warranty.
Why buy a watch from Watch District?
Here are 5 compelling reasons to consider making your purchase from Watch District:
- Authenticity Guarantee: Every watch undergoes rigorous verification to ensure authenticity.
- Transparency in Price: We offer clear, upfront pricing with no hidden fees.
- Accurate Condition: We provide honest, precise descriptions of watch conditions.
- 1-Year Warranty: Our quality is backed by a one-year warranty.
- Excellent Customer Service: Expect quick, dedicated assistance throughout your experience.
What brands of luxury watches do you sell?
Our collection includes prestigious brands like Patek Philippe, Rolex, Cartier, Tudor, and Vacheron Constantin.
Trade, Consign or Sell
Why should I trade, consign or sell with Watch District?
Opt for Watch District to enjoy a smooth, reliable, and beneficial experience.
- Free Valuation: Receive a complimentary market value assessment for your watch.
- Fair Pricing: Get top market values for your watch—5 to 15% below the grey market value.
- Efficient Process: Experience quick, hassle-free transactions with our dedicated team.
- Safe Deals: We ensure secure and transparent transactions.
What factors influence the price of pre-owned luxury watches?
The price of pre-owned luxury watches is influenced by various factors. Primarily, the value is determined by current market conditions specific to the model. The closer the watch is to its original state, the higher its resale value.
For the most accurate and optimal price quotation, a watch should be in good condition and accompanied by a complete set, including the original box, all bracelet links, tags, papers or warranty card, and other accessories originally packaged with the watch.
Do Watch District accept trades?
Absolutely! We welcome trades. If you wish to exchange your watch for another, we'll assess its value and exchange it for one of comparable value from our collection.
How do I receive payment as a consignor?
Once your watch is sold, you can expect to receive payment via PayNow, ensuring a quick, secure, and hassle-free transaction for both parties.
Why should I consign with Watch District?
What's in it for you when you consign with us?
- Free Valuation: Enjoy a cost-free appraisal for your timepiece without obligations.
- Decide Your Price: Retain full authority over your watch's selling price.
- No Upfront Costs: Our commission-based system means you only pay after a successful sale.
- Swift Payment: Post-sale, you can anticipate receiving your proceeds within just 3-5 days.
How much does consignment cost?
Consigning with us is free. The actual value of your piece to consign will be determined, and both parties shall agree on the take-back amount after a successful sale. We will apply a minimum mark-up, and the watch will be listed on all our channels.
The commission or mark-up typically ranges from 3% to 5% of the selling price. This covers our costs related to marketing, listing, and managing the sale, ensuring your watch gets maximum exposure to potential buyers. Additionally, the minimum consignment period is typically 30 days.
What is watch consignment and how does it work?
Watch consignment involves entrusting a watch to a third-party dealer for sale. Rather than buying the watch directly, the dealer sells it on behalf of the owner and takes a commission. Here's a brief overview:
- Evaluation: The dealer assesses the watch's value and authenticity.
- Agreement: The owner and dealer agree on a selling price and commission rate.
- Listing: The dealer markets the watch to potential buyers through various channels.
- Sale: The dealer manages the transaction and communication with buyers.
- Payment: After the sale, the dealer deducts their commission and pays the owner.
- Return Option: If the watch remains unsold within a set period, the owner can retrieve their watch or renegotiate terms.
What do I need to provide and prepare in order to trade, consign or sell my watch?
Preparing these items will streamline the process and potentially fetch a higher price or more favourable trade terms:
- Watch: Ensure it's in the best possible condition.
- Full Set: Including the original box, documentation (warranty cards, user manuals, and certificates of authenticity), proof of purchase (receipts or invoices, especially from recognised dealers or boutiques), accessories (bracelet links, straps, tools, or any other accessories provided with the original purchase), and clear, high-resolution photos from multiple angles.
How can I maintain my watch to preserve its value?
Maintaining a luxury watch requires proper storage, maintenance, and handling. To ensure its longevity and preserve its value, follow these guidelines:
- Original Box: Always store your watch in its original box, designed to securely hold it.
- Watch Boxes: If you don't have the original box, consider investing in a high-quality watch box that offers protection against scratches and impacts.
- Avoid Moisture: Ensure your storage area is dry, as moisture can damage both the watch mechanism and its appearance.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can cause the dial and hands to fade.
- Regular Servicing: Similar to a car, a watch needs regular check-ups. Depending on the brand and model, servicing every 3-5 years is standard.
- Wipe It Down: Use a soft cloth to gently clean your watch, removing any sweat, dirt, or moisture.
- Water Resistance: Don't assume your watch is waterproof; always check its water-resistance level. Avoid exposing it to hot water or steam, even if it's water-resistant.
- Magnetism: Keep your watch away from magnets, as magnetic fields can affect its accuracy.
- Winding: If you have a manual watch, wind it regularly, but avoid over-winding to prevent damage.
- Setting the Time: When adjusting the time or date, pull out the crown gently and avoid making changes between 9 pm and 3 am. During this time, the gears align for the date change and may become damaged.
- Use a Sturdy Watch Travel Case: When on the move, use a sturdy watch travel case to protect your watch from impacts and scratches.
- Collection Display: If you prefer displaying your collection, ensure the display case is padded, spaced, and lockable for added security.
- Professional Polishing: Only allow professionals to polish your watch. Improper polishing can alter the watch's design and decrease its value.
- Keep All Paperwork: Retain all the paperwork for your watch, including the certificate of authenticity and purchase records. This is crucial for resale value and insurance purposes.
How is the cost of watch servicing with Watch District?
The cost of our servicing is SGD 280. Rest assured, our repair service comes with a 1-year service warranty.
How much does polishing costs with Watch District?
Our polishing service is priced at SGD 80 for each watch.
How long does watch servicing take?
Watch repair times can vary. Simple fixes, such as addressing minor scratches or tightening loose screws, typically take a few days. However, more complex repairs, especially for luxury or rare watch models, may extend to weeks. The duration is influenced by the specific brand and model of the watch, the nature of the repair, and the current workload of the repair shop.